Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Hours: 25-28 hrs/week at $16/hr
Under the direct supervision of HFHSLOCO’s Chief Executive Officer, the Neighborhood Revitalization/Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for:
• Coordinating and assisting with HFHSLOCO’s neighborhood revitalization efforts, and
• Managing and coordinating volunteer recruitment, oversight, training, scheduling, and/or assignment for HFHSLOCO’s home preservation, home rehabilitation, new construction, and other programs.
- A Bachelor of Arts degree or higher.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking, and working under pressure.
- Previous experience recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with volunteers.
- Positive attitude.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships.
- Must be proficient in the use of software programs such as MS Word, ACCESS, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Travel required
• With the CEO assist in coordinating neighborhood revitalization efforts in select neighborhoods.
• Coordinate meetings of NR committee and partner meetings.
• Assist with evaluation of County neighborhoods for possible neighborhood revitalization.
• Develop and distribute volunteer recruitment materials.
• Coordinate with construction manager, ReStore Managers, and staff to determine the need for volunteers.
• Recruit volunteers, including crew leaders, for new construction, Home Preservation, Home Rehabilitation, , events, and other activities where volunteers will be needed.
• Coordinate volunteer schedules with construction managers and staff.
• Develop and maintain training materials for volunteers.
• Organize and manage training for volunteers, including crew leaders, women’s build, etc.
• Support volunteer orientation programs, arrange venues, prepare materials
• Assist with or organize volunteer recognition events and activities
• Maintain volunteer database.
• Maintain project management schedules.
• Maintain record of volunteer releases and sign-up forms.
• Work as a team member with other office staff as needed.
• Be on construction site each building day that volunteers are needed.